Viessmann Oil Boiler Replacement In Somers CT
One of our customers in Somers, CT noticed rust-colored water starting to pool under his boiler heating system. Fortunately, since it was summer, he wasn’t using his heating system however, the system was being used for domestic hot water. Although the family could still take showers, our homeowner knew that he needed to do something about the problem before the winter season.
They called Miller Oil Company to come and asses the situation. Upon arrival, our technician determined that their malfunctioning boiler was old and outdated. It was installed in 1967. Although it had led a long and reliable service life, it had come to the end of its lifespan and it was time for it to be replaced.
Homeowner’s Problem: A single-family home in Somers, CT needed a new heating system. Their 41-year old boiler had reached the end of its lifespan.
Our Solution: We installed a Viessmann Boiler VR1-22 and an IBC BTI-40 Indirect Hot Water Heater in their home.
Our customer expressed a desire to replace the old system with an extremely energy efficient unit. After consulting with our customer and identifying their needs and budget, we suggested a new Viessmann boiler installation for their Somers CT home.
Viessmann Boiler VR1-22 In Somers CT
The existing boiler in this household was installed over 40 years ago and definitely needed to be replaced. Once a boiler reaches the end of its lifespan, it is incapable of providing a comfortable environment. It uses more energy than necessary and it will start showing signs of deterioration.
In our homeowner’s case, they noticed that their boiler was leaking. Fortunately, they do not have a finished basement so they did not have to deal with the water damage that is common with a leaking boiler.
Upon hearing various options, they opted to install a new Viessmann oil boiler heater. We installed the Viessmann VR1-22 oil boiler including the piping and the connections from the oil tank to the oil burner.
Miller Oil Company highly recommends Viessmann systems for a number of reasons. Viessmann manufactures some of the most energy efficient boilers on the market today. Also, they perform well. They provide a high level of comfort without the high heating costs that most homeowners dread during the winter.
This particular boiler model is known for its long lifespan. Therefore, it is a great investment. Our clients can feel the peace of mind that their new oil boiler will last for many years to come. Some additional perks of their new heating system include:
- Comes with a triple-pass cast iron heat exchanger for optimum performance and durability
- Has a stainless steel combustion chamber insert that enables clean and efficient combustion
- Flue gasses pass through the heat exchanger three times. This allows for the greatest amount of heat extraction, increasing efficiency and fuel use. It also reduces emissions and reduces your heating costs.
- Highly energy-efficient with an AFUE rating of up to 87%
- Can control boiler water temperature with Vitotronic control
- Comes with a Beckett or Riello burner for quiet operation
- Viessmann provides a 20-year warranty for all residential cast iron hydronic heating boilers
By having this boiler installed, our customers will receive the comfort that they deserve without paying a fortune on their energy costs. It will provide a sufficient amount of heat to get through the frigid CT winters Because their home heating costs will be lower, this boiler will pay for itself. Overall, our customer is glad that their home is winter-ready.
IBC BTI-40 Indirect Hot Water Heater For A Somers CT Home
We installed an IBC BTI-40 indirect water heater in our customer’s home. Viessmann is compatible with this type of unit. These state-of-the-art water heaters are known for their long lifespan and reliable performance. This household will now be able to enjoy ample hot water for showers, baths, and laundry!
Some additional benefits that they will receive include:
- This model comes in 7 different sizes: from 30-119 MAX
- Stainless steel coil
- Made of stainless steel which is pickled and passivated. This feature prevents corrosion and a long lifespan.
- High performance
- Has an Aquastat and 10KΩ temperature sensor
- Easy access to the coil and inner tank for better service
- Has 2 inches of insulation for a low level of standby heat loss
- 10-year warranty
At Miller Oil Company, we highly recommend IBC water heaters. In fact, they are one of the best in the industry. By having this water heater installed, our homeowners can enjoy long, hot showers for many years to come.
Sure Signals That You Need A New Boiler In Somers
The average boiler has an expected lifespan of roughly 15 to 20 years with the right care. However, there are a number of conditions that can quickly reduce a boiler’s life.
Deciphering the faulty culprit responsible for your boiler’s demise can pose a challenge. Let’s review nine key signals that indicate the need for a new boiler or a major boiler repair.
- Out Of Date Equipment: When a boiler breaks down, it can pose a challenge. It can also prove a difficult task to locate the necessary parts to perform the repair of an old boiler. In addition, replacement with a more updated boiler unit could be a more viable option. Company manufacturers cease support for earlier models or can even fail to create replacement parts for repair. This can leave homeowners with the challenge of struggling to remedy the situation when a boiler goes out. This can also increase the repair costs.
- Increase In Repair Frequency: Boilers don’t follow a schedule for repairs. They can often malfunction at the most inconvenient time. However, adhering to a good schedule of maintenance can help offset the need for repairs. Equipment that is well maintained stands a much higher chance of lasting longer. However, if you find yourself dialing up a repair technician every few months, it could be time to spring for a newly updated unit.
- Unbalanced Home Heating: A key indicator that something is wrong with your boiler is the ambient temperature within the home. The boiler that is faulty when you find the temperature wildly varying from room to room within your home. Some rooms might be sweltering hot while others are nice and comfortable. This is a sign that the temperature controls are not functioning properly on your boiler unit.
- Increasing Costs Of Fuel: Heating and cooling equipment that is not running up to its optimal level is not very efficient. The most obvious sign is an increased energy bill. Boilers that are not working well have to work even harder to maintain temperatures. For this reason, they consume even more energy. More energy translates to higher costs that are passed on to the consumer in the form of higher utility costs due to this increased energy expenditure.
- Leaks, Leaks, Leaks: A boiler that springs a leak is not in great shape. It likely is at the end of its lifespan. Leaks develop when the unit’s seals break. Boiler seals can be quite tricky to fix. Therefore, it is best to opt for a boiler replacement.
- Boilers Aged 15 And Over: The age of your boiler is a good indicator of when to replace it. A boiler can work fine and then suddenly break down. Older boilers pose a higher probability of a breakdown and hefty repairs. As units age, they perform less efficiently, consume more energy and generally cost more. By being proactive and replacing the boiler you can avert a headache and hefty repairs to your home and boiler. You can avoid the inconvenience of being stuck without any heat in the middle of winter.
When looking for a top-rated HVAC company, your best option is to get in touch with Miller Oil Company. We offer a broad range of HVAC services including heating and cooling tune-ups, repairs, installations, and replacements of heating and cooling systems.
Our NATE certified technicians can find a system for your home that performs efficiently while improving your home comfort. We are able to accomplish this while staying well within your budget.
Schedule an appointment with Miller Oil Company today. We offer free, in-home consultations. Click here to contact us or call now!
Complete The Form Below To Request Service Or An Estimate:
boiler replacement near me in somers ct, case studies, how much does a new oil boiler cost, new boiler cost including installation in somers ct, oil boiler replacement companies in somers ct, oil boiler replacement cost in somers ct, viessmann boilers prices in somers ct, viessmann boilers reviews