Fujitsu Ductless Cooling Installation In Enfield CT
The customer in this case study lives in a two-story, single family home. Their home was not originally constructed with a ductwork system. For this reason, they used window air conditioners to find relief during the hot summer weather. Although using these units was much better than using nothing at all, they still felt uncomfortable. Also, they paid an extravagant amount for their energy bills when using the window AC units. They called Miller Oil Company to see what other cooling options were available.
Customer Problem: Our customers were unhappy with the use of their window air conditioners. The window AC units were loud, expensive, and the window AC units did not perform well from a comfort perspective.
Our Solution: Miller Oil Company installed two indoor Fujitsu ductless units in their home (a High Wall Indoor Unit: ASU12RLF1 and a Low Wall Indoor Unit: AGU9RLF). We connected the indoor air handlers to one outdoor condenser (Outdoor Unit: AOU24RLXFZ).
After assessing their situation, our technician recommended that our homeowners get two Fujitsu indoor ductless units installed in their Enfield CT home.
Fujitsu Ductless Mini-Split Systems In Enfield CT
One of the reasons that our customer gave us a call was because they did not feel comfortable in their home and they were paying a small fortune to use their window AC units. For homes without a ductwork system in place, we highly recommend Fujitsu ductless systems. They are quiet, energy efficient, and they provide a high level of comfort. Also, since Fujitsu is one of the best manufacturers of ductless systems, their products perform reliably and last a long time. We installed two indoor units in our customer’s home. Below, you will find some of the features of their new indoor units:
Fujitsu Halcyon™ Single-Room Mini-Split System-Wall Mounted
- Inverter technology
- Washable panel filter
- Heating and cooling operation for year-round comfort
- Clean air-improves indoor air quality
- Quiet operation
- Wireless remote controller
- Smart system: Auto Mode
- Energy Efficient: Energy Star® qualified
- Controls humidity
- Up to 23 SEER
- Warranty covers 12 years for parts and the compressor
Fujitsu Halcyon™ Single-Room Mini-Split Systems-Floor Mounted
- Small, compact size
- Energy-efficient operation
- Provides both heating and cooling options
- 2-fan stage with airflow that covers a wide space
- Up to 26 SEER
- Warranty covers 12 years for parts and the compressor when installed by an Elite Contractor
This model is great for many different applications. It is extremely energy efficient and provides a high level of comfort. Our homeowners are very happy with their investment. Ductless solutions work well in many different settings. They work well in new additions, pool houses, offices, problematic rooms, and as a supplemental HVAC system. They also work well for homes that do not have any ductwork. Because our customers did not have a system of ducts in their home, they opted for a ductless setup instead. This is much better than installing ducts. It is less expensive and time-consuming. Overall, it is an excellent solution to meet your heating and cooling needs.
The indoor air handlers that we installed provide a high level of comfort and energy efficient operation. Also, Fujitsu backs up their products with an impressive warranty, ensuring a product that lasts. Our customers can now enjoy a quiet and comfortable environment in their home year round.
Common Issues With Window Air Conditioners In Enfield CT
Keeping your home cool in the summer months is crucial for your comfort, but it can also be essential for your health. The elderly and the very young are susceptible to prolonged exposure to heat so having an efficient AC solution is necessary.
Ductless air conditioners are some of the most reliable, safe, quiet, and cost-effective cooling solutions on the market. Most people, however, settle for window ac units. These systems can create a host of problems for their operators, some of which are difficult to detect.
Here are some reasons why you should not use a window AC unit.
- Noise, Noise, Noise: Perhaps the least dangerous issue with wall AC units is the fact that they are loud. Window units make an incredible amount of noise when running. So much so that you can’t even hear a television or a radio while they are operating. If you have an older home with frail glass, it exacerbates the problem. Many people like to install wall units in their bedroom which can make it very difficult to sleep with the noise.
- High Operating Costs: Window AC units are notoriously inefficient to run. That is due in part to their propensity to consume electricity at an enormous rate. Consider the average window unit that is about 900-watts. If you leave it running for 8 hours per day, that’s about 7-8 kilowatt hours. Consider what the cost of electricity is in your location per kWh, and you’ll see that the cost can add up very quickly. The average cost per kWh in the United States, for example, is about 12 cents but in some states, it can be as high as 33 cents. At that highest rate, you’re talking about $2.64 per day added to your electric bill plus taxes and fees. For every 30 days of use, that’s about 80 bucks per month. Not very cheap.
- Dangers: Windows are not designed to hold up AC units. That happens the other way around and manufacturers do not always design the weight, width, and height of their window units to be sustained by all windows safely. For instance, older windows may not be able to hold the weight of an AC unit for a prolonged period. This circumstance can result in the unit falling out of the window and on top of children or pets.
Not only do they create a safety risk, but they are also an easy access for thieves to enter into your home. Therefore, window air conditioners are a security risk as well.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Window units can have various weaknesses that allow for the air quality inside your home to become poor and even dangerous. For instance, some models have vents that allow air to filter in from the outside. If you live in an area that already has poor air quality, then your ac unit is letting it in your house. Other models have poor designs that allow for the buildup of mold and mildew inside filters or trays. This design can cause breathing problems for the inhabitants of a home or cause existing breathing issues to get worse.
Table of Contents:
If you’re in the market for a new AC unit or even if you already have a wall unit, it is best to go with a ductless system. They create healthier indoor air quality, are less noisy and more efficient to run. They also provide an unparallel level of comfort.
Miller Oil Company offers superior HVAC services that you can trust. We can find the best and most affordable heating and cooling solutions for your home. As always, we prioritize energy efficiency, comfort, indoor air quality, and more.
Call Miller Oil Company today to schedule and free in-home estimate. Our NATE certified technicians can sit down with you and answer all of your questions. All of our services are fast, friendly, and competitively priced. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Contact us or call now!
Some of the areas that we service include Enfield, Melrose, Somers, Somersville, and these zip codes: 06082, 06049, 06071, 06072, as well as all surrounding areas in Hartford County, Connecticut.